Re: Long-time 7.4 contrib failure Mac OS X 10.3.8 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Long-time 7.4 contrib failure Mac OS X 10.3.8
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 11:53:11PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael Glaesemann <grzm@myrealbox.com> writes:
> > On Nov 15, 2005, at 23:19 , Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Apparently you don't get to have --enable-nls either :-(
>
> > And we've got green! :)
> > http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=wallaroo&dt=2005-11-15%
> > 2022:55:15
> > Thanks, Tom, for taking the time to look at this and explaining it a
> > bit to me.
>
> [ looks at buildfarm... ]  It looks like you dropped the extra options
> on all of wallaroo's branches, which is not good.  They should work in
> 8.0 and later, and you should test 'em where they're claimed to work.
>
> I'm pretty sure you can have per-branch configure options in buildfarm,
> but I don't recall how.  Whack Andrew Dunstan about it if you can't see
> how from the documentation...

You can. Sample from by mac:
if ($branch eq 'HEAD')
{    push(@{$conf{config_opts}},"--enable-depend");
}
if ($branch !~ /^REL7/) {    push(@{$conf{config_opts}},           qw(                   --with-openssl               )
      );

}
if ($branch !~ /^REL7_[23]/) {    push(@{$conf{config_opts}},"--enable-nls");
}

There's also some way you can pull an item out of an array, which could make
that --with-openssl bit cleaner...