Re: Restore a PG database in Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Restore a PG database in Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
josh@segrestfarms.com <josh@segrestfarms.com> schrieb:

> I am having an extremely difficult time restoring the backup.gz I have on
> my Desktop.

How is this backup.gz created?

> So, I tried using PSQL, but I'm still not having any luck.
>
> Can anyone direct me to a good resource that explains how to go about
> restoring a database on a Windows box?

Can you unzip the backup.gz and is this then plain ascii with plain sql?
If so, than you can call 'psql dbname < backup' (the unzipped file).

Sorry, i'm a linux-user, but i think, this should work under windows
too.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/backup.html

HTH, Andreas
unintentional side effect. (Linus Torvalds)