Re: Incremental results from libpq - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Frank van Vugt
Subject Re: Incremental results from libpq
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
> > If I'm informed correctly then Oracle and others are generating
> > the complete static result set on the server-side, which will then
> > stay cached until all rows/chunks are fetched.

> That's obviously not true. Try doing "select * from huge_table" on Oracle
> and you'll see records start appearing immediately.

Then it seems I haven't (been informed correctly) :)

Now, given that OCI is offering some kind of asynchronous interface as well,
how are they handling an error occuring after a partial result-set has been
retrieved by the client?

--
Best,

Frank.