Re: select best price - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Gary Stainburn
Subject Re: select best price
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wednesday 26 October 2005 4:21 pm, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I've got a table holding item code(cs_id), supplier a/c (co_id) , and
> price (cs_price).
>
> How can I select the rows containing the lowest price for each item
> code?
>
> I've tried various forms of min() etc and know it must be simple but
> I'm stumped.
>
> Gary

I've come up with the select below.  Is there a better/more efficient
way of doing this?

select cp.cs_id,  from cons_price_details cp,  (select cs_id, min(cs_price) as cs_price        from cons_price_details
     group by cs_id  ) v   where cp.cs_id = v.cs_id and cp.cs_price = v.cs_price;

--
Gary Stainburn