Re: Displaying current query - eliminating - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Displaying current query - eliminating
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 01:31:00PM +0200, Rieback Melanie wrote:
> > I would imagine there'd be a fairly simple tweak that could be done to
> > the source, assuming Melanie wants to build the database (and doesn't
> > mind forking off from future versions
>
> I wasn't planning on forking off new builds of Postgres.  I am actually
> searching for a solution that works with existing databases.

Could you tell us what problem you're trying to solve?  You've
said what you're trying to do but not why -- all we've seen so
far is:

> I warned you that my request is a strange one, but this is more of
> a puzzle, that happens to have a real use for me.  It also doesn't
> have to be 100% repeatable.  50% or even 25% repeatable would be
> good enough for me, as long as it works a significant percentage
> of the time.

What are you trying to do that has a real use but that can be
unreliable most of the time?

--
Michael Fuhr