Re: Regarding array of parameter passing from application to the database - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Regarding array of parameter passing from application to the database
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 07:24:52PM +0530, ashish srivastava wrote:
> can anybody help me in passing an array of parameters to the postgresql
> functions.

What functions?  Server-side functions that you've created?  What
argument types do those functions take?  Arrays of some base type?

> I am having multiple check boxes on the UI and searching in the database on
> the basis whichever is the user selection criterion..

What client-side language are you using?  How are you receiving the
checkbox choices?  As an array with the selected elements?  If your
API can't automatically create a PostgreSQL array from a client
language array, then you could build a string that represents the
array using one of the formats described in the "Arrays" section
of the PostgreSQL documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/arrays.html

If that's not what you're looking for then please provide more
information.

BTW, this seems off-topic for pgsql-admin.  Pgsql-interfaces,
pgsql-general, pgsql-novice, or perhaps pgsql-php (if you're using
PHP) would be more appropriate.

--
Michael Fuhr