Re: BUG #1913: select into a table missing a row part 2 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #1913: select into a table missing a row part 2
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 09:17:18AM +0100, Keith Randall wrote:

> I'm missing a row when I generate a table off a view.
>
> select count(*) from foo;
>
>   20811
>
> select * into temp from foo;
> select count(*) from temp;
>
>   20810

Interesting.  I can duplicate this behavior here.  However, what's even
more interesting, is that 8.0 returns 20814 rows in both cases, so
something _is_ wrong.

It may be related to the latest outer join bug, which Tom Lane fixed
yesterday or the day before.  I'll recompile and retest.

--
Alvaro Herrera                  http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
"Uno combate cuando es necesario... ¡no cuando está de humor!