Re: Release dateline :-( - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Release dateline :-(
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 02:54:43AM -0000, Greg Sabino Mullane wrote:

> >>Tokyo? that's been done to death... lets go with Gainesville, Florida.
>
> > more options:
>
> > Waldo, Florida
>
> Actually, Gainesville is right down the road from Waldo. The latter is a
> very, very small town, known most for being a speedtrap on the trip
> from Gainesville to Jacksonville.
>
> Seriously, Gainesville has the highest concentration of PostgreSQL
> developers than any other city except for Philadelphia and
> Toronto. :p

The heck with concentration. I think we should make use of our new GiST
features; put lat/long for all developers in a database, and find the
geographic centroid; then use the city closest to that.

Or we could use....

Skokie, IL; I sang in a barbershop quartet there
Antarctica; Hey, it's cool down here! Just watch out for penguin dropings
Hawaii; Our database is so good you'll have plenty of time for a vacation
Uppsala, Sweeden; akin to how Sun flew a big banner over Dell :>