Re: finding indexed functions from pg_index - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: finding indexed functions from pg_index
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
On Tue, Sep 20, 2005 at 02:15:36PM -0400, Scott Cain wrote:
> What I haven't figure out is this: how does one determine what the
> declarative statement is for a functional index that is obtained from
> pg_index.indexprs?  What I would like to be able to do is be able to
> recreate the SQL that defined that index.

See the pg_get_indexdef() function.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/interactive/functions-info.html

When trying to figure out how to query the system catalogs, it can
be useful to study the queries that psql runs for \d commands.  Run
"psql -E" or execute "\set ECHO_HIDDEN" to see those queries.

--
Michael Fuhr