Re: [INTERFACES] [HACKERS] ECPG ignores SAVEPOINT if first statement of a transaction - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Michael Meskes
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] [HACKERS] ECPG ignores SAVEPOINT if first statement of a transaction
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 09:01:45AM -0600, Michael Fuhr wrote:
> If no statements have been executed in this transaction then committed
> is true, so ECPGtrans() ignores the current statement.  It looks
> like the code should make an extra consideration for SAVEPOINT in
> case it's the first statement.

I rearranged the whole code as it seemed to have more holes. This code
really was old. :-)

So could you please check with the lates CVS, either HEAD or 8.0?

> I'm also wondering if the check for a NULL return value from PQexec()
> is sufficient.  Shouldn't it also check for a non-NULL result that's
> anything other than PGRES_COMMAND_OK?

Yes, it should. I changed this as well.

Michael
--