Re: how to update with a join? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From MichaelHoeller@t-online.de
Subject Re: how to update with a join?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello all,

thanks for the answere to the prev. thread.  With the help of them
I solved the problme I used "not like" instead of <> and this leads
to a problem. This works for me:

update stamm
set code = replace (code, 'k' , '')
where code like '%k%' and code <> '%V%';

I would still be interested to learn how to update a row when the result
set is only reachable via a join.

Thanks a gain
Michael