PGSQL and Nested Loops - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From
Subject PGSQL and Nested Loops
Date
List pgsql-novice
hi all,  i read the followin gon slashdot...

(*) Nested loops are like candy to SQL server, and
I've heard this is the same for Sybase
(understandably). Deep sets of nested loops will kick
the other databases I've tested in the teeth. Given an
instruction with several nested loops and 16 million
rows of data, I got results from SQL server in 5
minutes, results from Oracle 9 in an hour, and results
from Postgres in 18 hours. This was a year ago and
Postgres has changed, so it might be better now. Does
MySQL handle them well?

i don't see myself ever running into this kind of
traffic, but i'm curious to know more about my db of
choice - pgsql.  is this person's assessment correct
(for a year old version of pgsql) and has it improved
since then?

tia...