Re: ERROR: syntax error at or near "select" at character 9 - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Stephan Szabo
Subject Re: ERROR: syntax error at or near "select" at character 9
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, [ISO-8859-2] Graf L�szl� wrote:

>    CREATE FUNCTION test_verif() RETURNS trigger AS $test_verif$
>        BEGIN
>            NEW.id := select nextval('test_azon_seq');

I think you want to remove select here, you're already effectively doing a
select of the right hand side in the assignment.

>            NEW.nev := nev;
I think you want to remove this line entirely.  What nev were you
expecting on the right hand side?  If it's the new one, well, NEW.new is
already that.