BUG #1857: Problem with driver ODBC - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Cleber Nardelli
Subject BUG #1857: Problem with driver ODBC
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1857
Logged by:          Cleber Nardelli
Email address:      nardelli@ipm.com.br
PostgreSQL version: 8.0.3
Operating system:   Windows XP Professional (Client) RedHat 9 Linux (Server)
Details:

Hello.
I am using the Driver odbc for access to postgresql.
I have a referring problem to the cancellation of the transaction when some
error
is found at the moment of the execution of the same one.
I try to execute this sql command:

BEGIN TRANSACTION;
  DELETE FROM TABL1 WHERE ID = 1;
  INSERT INTO TABL1 VALUES (1,1);
  SAVEPOINT SVPT;
  INSERT INTO TABL1 VALUES (1,1);
  ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT SPVT;
COMMIT;

When I try to insert as register it accuses to error with key duplicate.
Ok.
But I do not want to cancel the transaction I I need to only continue with
the same one skirting this error.  For this reason i am using SavePoints but
it generates a error:
"ERROS: ROLLBACK TO SAVEPOINT may only be used in transaction blocks"

version of driver 7.03.00 or 8.x.

Necessary of the your help.
I thank

Yours truly