Re: PQConnectdb SSL (sslmode): Is this a bug - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: PQConnectdb SSL (sslmode): Is this a bug
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 10:23:10AM -0700, vishal saberwal wrote:
> OUTPUT:
> connection failure: SSL error: sslv3 alert handshake failure

What appears in the server's log when this happens?

> I do have (ssl=true) in postgresql.conf and have tested the
> certificates and they are working right.

How did you verify that the certificates are working?  By using
psql and seeing "SSL connection"?

Is it possible that your program is linked against an old version
of libpq?  I can reproduce the above error with an otherwise working
8.0.3 setup if I link the program against a 7.4.8 libpq.  If your
system has ldd, which libpq does it show your program linked against?
If the certificates work with psql, which libpq does ldd show psql
linked against?

--
Michael Fuhr