Re: ERROR: database is being accessed by other users - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: ERROR: database is being accessed by other users
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 10:10:55AM +0800, wolverine my wrote:
> I got the following psql's error when executing a script,
> ERROR:  database "test" is being accessed by other users

What does the script do?  Based on the error message I'd guess that
you're trying to drop or rename the database.

> To solve this, I have to disconnect the database connection from the
> pgAdmin III.
>
> May I know how can I configure the database to allow multiple user access?

Databases do allow multiple user access, but PostgreSQL won't allow
you to drop or rename a database if somebody else is using it.

--
Michael Fuhr