Firewall locks Windows version - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Stephen McConnell
Subject Firewall locks Windows version
Date
List pgadmin-support
I installed the Windows version of pgAdminIII. My plan is to use it to
administer a remote PostgreSQL instance on a Linux box on my network.
When I start it up, it hangs after Norton Internet Firewall notifies me
that pgAdminIII.exe is requesting a DNS server.  If I turn off the
Firewall pgAdmin starts up.  When I restart the Firewall, it hangs
again.

1) WHY is this program requesting access to a DNS server?  It is not
mentioned in the FAQS or in ANY documentation that your progam requires
access to a DNS server.

2) WHY does the program HANG?  Your exception handling should be better
than that, or your program should recognize that it has no access to a
DNS server and time out and escape from that condition .... NOT hang
indefinitely.

3) What is the solution to this OTHER than removing the Firewall?

Stephen McConnell