Re: How to limit database size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: How to limit database size
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 01:19:11PM +0200, A. Kretschmer wrote:
> am  23.08.2005, um 15:12:54 +0530 mailte Vishnu folgendes:
> > How can I limit the maximum space uses by Posgres database ??. So that it
> > should not use total disk space available on system.
>
> You can use the tools from the os, under Linux for instance quotas.

Be aware that exceeding a disk quota might cause problems beyond a
simple "Sorry, you can't insert any more records" error.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.0/static/disk-full.html

Even with a quota in place, you should probably monitor the database's
disk usage so you can take action before the quota is exceeded.

--
Michael Fuhr