Re: pg_restore and schema's - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: pg_restore and schema's
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 09:30:36AM +0200, Dick Kniep wrote:

> postgres@linux:/tmp> pg_restore -O -d cvix2 /tmp/dumpdb
> pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR:  schema "Lindix"
> does not exist

What version of PostgreSQL are you using?  I can duplicate this
problem with 7.4.8, but only with pg_restore's -O option.  If
I turn on statement logging, I see the following when running
pg_restore -O:

CREATE SCHEMA Test;

If I run pg_restore without -O, I see the following:

CREATE SCHEMA "Test" AUTHORIZATION postgres;

Since identifiers must be quoted to preserve case, I'd say the -O
behavior is a bug.  You might wish to report this to pgsql-bugs.

I tested 8.0.3 and it doesn't have this problem.

--
Michael Fuhr