Re: Help with plperl - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: Help with plperl
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 03:58:25AM +1000, Alex wrote:
> Hi,
> could anyone help me with a problem I am having creating a plperl function.
>
> The return always complains with the following error:
> composite-returning Perl function must return reference to hash

Well, since you're returning a reference to an array, I imagine it's
complaining about that.

Looking at your function though, it appears to be building a set of
"sometype" rather than a single one. Perhaps you meant your function to
be defined as: RETURNS SETOF sometype.

Hope this helps,

Attachment