Unwanted nested dollar-quoted constants - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Bernard Henry Voynet
Subject Unwanted nested dollar-quoted constants
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,

I recurrently need to migrate a big amount of data from one database type to PostgreSQL 8.0.3.
For this, I use INSERT scripts that I run from the pgAdmin III.

All the text fields are specified using the dollar-quoted string constant form that.

However, sometime, there are records that include some text that look like a nested tagged dollar-quoted constant start
(eg.$EN$) without its ending conterpart.

In such situation, the whole set of records is refused (without any error telling where and what).

I have tried to insert a '\' char in front of each '$' which, of course, did ot work since they are not treated as is.

So, what can I do to say that it is not a start of a new nested tagged dollar-quoted constant ?

Or is there any way to disable nested tagged dollar-quoted constant ?

Best regards

Obtenez aussi votre adresse electronique gratuite de
Quebecemail.com http://www.quebecemail.com, un service gratuit et permanent.