Unexpected ADO properties - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Bernard Henry Voynet
Subject Unexpected ADO properties
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hello
I  am  working  on  a project that access databases through ADO
over ODBC and must now include PostgreSQL.

The  code  of  this  project  needs  to  know  about the fields
caracteristics like whether or not it is:
- a primary key
- an autoincrement key
- nullabble
- updatable
- etc..

For   this   I   use   the  ADO  properties  that  give  theses
informations.

For a Jet database I get (for example):
serialkey
     Type = adInteger
     DefinedSize = 4
     Precision = 10
     NumericScale = 255
     Status = adRecOK
     Attributes = adFldFixed
     Properties (9)
          BASECATALOGNAME (adVarWChar) = (Null)
          BASECOLUMNNAME (adVarWChar) = serialkey
          BASESCHEMANAME (adVarWChar) = (Null)
          BASETABLENAME (adVarWChar) = genericfields
          CALCULATIONINFO (adVarBinary) = (Null)
          ISAUTOINCREMENT (adBoolean) = True
          KEYCOLUMN (adBoolean) = True
          OPTIMIZE (adBoolean) = False
          RELATIONCONDITIONS (adVarBinary) = (Null)

However, with  PostgreSQL  8.0.3  (psqlodc 08.00.0102), I don't get what is expected.

When I declare le serialkey field as as SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, instead of the expected result, I get:
serialkey
     Type = adInteger
     DefinedSize = 4
     Precision = 10
     NumericScale = 255
     Status = adRecOK
     Attributes = adFldUnknownUpdatable, adFldFixed, adFldIsNullable, adFldMayBeNull
     Properties (9)
          BASECATALOGNAME (adVarWChar) = (Null)
          BASECOLUMNNAME (adVarWChar) = serialkey
          BASESCHEMANAME (adVarWChar) = (Null)
          BASETABLENAME (adVarWChar) = genericfields
          CALCULATIONINFO (adVarBinary) = (Null)
          ISAUTOINCREMENT (adBoolean) = False
          KEYCOLUMN (adBoolean) = True
          OPTIMIZE (adBoolean) = False
          RELATIONCONDITIONS (adVarBinary) = (Null)

Where both:
- Attributes
- ISAUTOINCREMENT
Are not correct since serialkey is a non nullable serial key

Would you have any idea on this problem ?
And any help to get the right values ?

Best regards

Obtenez aussi votre adresse electronique gratuite de
Quebecemail.com http://www.quebecemail.com, un service gratuit et permanent.