Re: pthread stack on FreeBSD WAS: HEAD doesn't cope with libraries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: pthread stack on FreeBSD WAS: HEAD doesn't cope with libraries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 17, 2005 at 01:22:16PM -0400, Johnny Lam wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> >"Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> writes:
> >
> >>Unfortunately, it looks like the allow_non_pic_in_shlib setting broke
> >>platypus: http://lnk.nu/pgbuildfarm.org/3l3.pl
> >

> >>If I back that part of the patch out, playtypus works fine.
> >

> >So what's different between platypus and the machines where it works?
> >We might need a version check or something ...
>
> platypus is amd64, not x86.  AFAIK, amd64 does not allow non-PIC code to
> be mixed with PIC code in the same object, whereas it's just fine for
> x86.  In NetBSD pkgsrc, we've had to fix a lot of software that makes
> this same assumption.

Damn, I'm sorry, I totally mis-interpreted this. Turns out the failures
are due to a perl problem. They appear to be from
http://lnk.nu/developer.postgresql.org/3l8.c.
http://lnk.nu/pgbuildfarm.org/3l9.pl is the log for the latest failure.
Pervasive Software        http://pervasive.com        512-569-9461