Re: pthread stack on FreeBSD WAS: HEAD doesn't cope with libraries - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Johnny Lam
Subject Re: pthread stack on FreeBSD WAS: HEAD doesn't cope with libraries
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> "Jim C. Nasby" <jnasby@pervasive.com> writes:
>
>>Unfortunately, it looks like the allow_non_pic_in_shlib setting broke
>>platypus: http://lnk.nu/pgbuildfarm.org/3l3.pl
>

>>If I back that part of the patch out, playtypus works fine.
>

> So what's different between platypus and the machines where it works?
> We might need a version check or something ...

platypus is amd64, not x86.  AFAIK, amd64 does not allow non-PIC code to
be mixed with PIC code in the same object, whereas it's just fine for
x86.  In NetBSD pkgsrc, we've had to fix a lot of software that makes
this same assumption.
Cheers,
-- Johnny Lam <jlam@NetBSD.org>