Re: pl/Ruby, deprecating plPython and Core - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: pl/Ruby, deprecating plPython and Core
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thomas, Dave,

I did *NOT* want to start another discussion about what approach is
superior.   Keep in mind that for us non-Java geeks most of your argument
is pure ancient Greek.

What I wanted to establish is: potentially, we will have two Java PLs with
Postgres.   If we do, we need to have a clear documentation section
explaining why there are two and why a user might want to choose one or
the other.  This explanation should be comprehensible to a neophyte Java
programmer and even to a DBA who doesn't do Java but has to install it.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions