PGSQL function for converting between arbitrary numeric bases? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Simon Kinsella
Subject PGSQL function for converting between arbitrary numeric bases?
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hello,

I'm looking - without luck so far - for a PGSQL function for converting
numbers between two arbitrary bases (typically base 10,16 and 26 in my
case).  Something similar to the C 'strtol' function or, ideally, PHP's
baseconvert(string,frombase,tobase) function.

I've search the docs, lists and various other forums but so far no luck.
Just wondered if I've missed anything - all suggestions gratefully received.

Many thank,

Simon K