Re: BUG #1815: ECPGdebug causes crash on Windows XP - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Joshua Masiko
Subject Re: BUG #1815: ECPGdebug causes crash on Windows XP
Date
List pgsql-bugs
crash in this case means I get the popup that says
<progname> has encountered errors and needs to close
when I click the debug button  this is the call stack
that shows up in the Visual Studio debugger

     ntdll.dll!7c918fea()
     ntdll.dll!7c9106eb()
     ntdll.dll!7c90104b()
     msvcrt.dll!77c3b90d()
     msvcrt.dll!77c420e7()
     libecpg.dll!6d0c7471()
>    ecpgtest.exe!main(int argc=1, char * *
argv=0x003c0d10)  Line 5 + 0xc    C
     ecpgtest.exe!mainCRTStartup()  Line 206 + 0x19    C
     kernel32.dll!7c816d4f()
     kernel32.dll!7c8399f3()

The offending line in ecpgtest.pgc is

ECPGdebug(1,stderr);

I get the same result even if I use a file handle
obtained by using fopen
--- William ZHANG <uniware@zedware.org> wrote:

> "Bruce Momjian" <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>
> wrote:200508130244.j7D2iJE03191@candle.pha.pa.us...
> > William ZHANG wrote:
> > > Make sure the lib directory is in the PATH.
> > > I tested it in MinGW.
> > >
> > > $ ecpg main.pgc
> > > $ gcc main.c -I../include -L../lib -lecpg
> > > $ export PATH=$PATH:"/c/Program
> Files/PostgreSQL/8.0/lib"
> > > $ ./a.exe
> > > [1772]: ECPGdebug: set to 1
> >

> > Ah, interesting.  Why would it crash if the lib
> directory is not in the
> > path?  Because it can't load the library?
>
> Maybe I misunderstood the word 'crash'. If I forgot
> to put the  lib
> directory,
> it will make Windows popup a GUI warning window.
>
> joshua masiko: Can you give more information?

Yahoo! Mail