Re: Bug in canonicalize_path() - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Bug in canonicalize_path()
Date
List pgsql-patches
Tom Lane wrote:
> > OK, here is a version that errors out that I just applied and reversed
> > out when I saw your email.  Feel free to use it or discard it.
>
> Sorry about that --- should have tried to mail you a bit sooner.
>
> BTW, what's with the postmaster.c change?  Seems mistaken.

Actually, it is a cleanup.  The original path.c::get_progname() used an
exit() call in WIN32 because it didn't have frontend/backend-specific
code.  With specific versions, I could return a NULL from get_progname
and print a relivant message in postmaster.c on failure.  I doubt it
would ever happen, but it was a cleanup.  It isn't significant enough to
justify making a server-specific version of path.c on its own, however.