Re: Crystal Reports or similar - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Crystal Reports or similar
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Anton,

> I've just had a call from one of our clients. They have need of a data
> warehouse and have been quoted on M$SQL+CrystalReports+BusinessObjects.
> As we're been spreading the OSS gospel for years, he'd like to hear what
> we have to say on this and what OSS alternatives there are.

www.bizgres.org

We're putting together a raft of OSS technologies for BI and reporting.
Currently, bizgres 0.7 bundles with KETL and JasperReports; we'll be adding
more tools to that distribution in the next couple releases.  Join us!  Be
one of us!  ;-)

And, of course, you can always do PostgreSQL + CrystalReports +
BusinessObjects; I talked to the BO folks at LinuxWorld, and they say PG
works great with their products.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions