Crystal Reports or similar - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Anton de Wet
Subject Crystal Reports or similar
Date
Re: Crystal Reports or similar  (Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com>)
Re: Crystal Reports or similar  (Jutta Horstmann <jh@weltraumsofa.de>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Hi everyone

I've just had a call from one of our clients. They have need of a data
warehouse and have been quoted on M$SQL+CrystalReports+BusinessObjects.
As we're been spreading the OSS gospel for years, he'd like to hear what
we have to say on this and what OSS alternatives there are.

I've been working with PostgreSQL and applications since Postgres95, so I
know my way round postgresql, what I don't know much about it the type of
functionality that CrystalReports+BusinessObjects would give you.

What OSS or at least PostgreSQL friendly software would you suggest in
this arena?

Anton