Re: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Roman Neuhauser
Subject Re: plphp: PHP Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated
Date
List pgsql-general
# jd@commandprompt.com / 2005-08-11 15:45:18 -0700:
> Roman Neuhauser wrote:
> ># cool_screen_name90001@yahoo.com / 2005-08-11 13:23:52 -0700:
> >
> >>I'm getting this warning in pgsql's log:
> >>
> >>LOG:  plphp: PHP Warning:  Call-time pass-by-reference
> >>has been deprecated - argument passed by value;  If
> >>you would like to pass it by reference, modify the
> >>declaration of [runtime function name]().  If you
> >>would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you
> >>can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your
> >>INI file.  However, future versions may not support
> >>this any longer.  in plphp trigger call on line 1
> >>
> >>Is there anything I can do about it?
> >

> >    Yes.
> >

> Actually the below is incorrect. He should be visiting
> plphp.commandprompt.com and signing up for the list there.

    Why? What does the generic warning emitted by PHP 4 (no need to get
    PostgreSQL into the mix) since forever on code like this:

    function foo($arg) {} /* foo is declared to take $arg by value */
    foo(&$var); /* $var is passed by reference */

    have to do with PL/PHP?

> >    It's completely off topic here, however. You'll find more help in
> >    the PHP manual and/or php-general@lists.php.net (you can subscribe
> >    from http://www.php.net/).

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.