Parentheses in FROM clause and evaluation order. - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From dario.mx@gmail.com
Subject Parentheses in FROM clause and evaluation order.
Date
List pgsql-sql
Hi,

I thought that the parenthesis in the table expression
(FROM clause), could be used to indicate the desired
evaluation order. But, I tried with a couple of samples
and the explain command returned me the same result; no matter
what parentheses association I used. I am using only INNER JOINs.

In fact, I thought that the whole table expression was gonna be
evaluated before the WHERE filter. Does the stantard says something
about this evaluation order when the parentheses are present?
Does PostgreSQL implements this behavior?

Thanks in advance.

salu2
dario estepario ...