Re: Simplifying wal_sync_method - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Simplifying wal_sync_method
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce,

> No one is every going to do it, so we might as well make the best guess
> we have.  I think any platform where the *data* options are slower than
> the non-*data* options is broken, and if that logic holds, we might as
> well just use *data* by default if we can, which is my proposal.

Changing the defaults is fine with me.    I just don't think that we can
afford to prune options without more testing.   And we will be getting
more testing (from companies) in the future, so I don't think this is
completely out of the question.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus