Re: How to write jobs in postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: How to write jobs in postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
[Please copy the mailing list on replies so others can contribute
to and learn from the discussion.]

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 06:28:04PM +0530, chiranjeevi.i wrote:
> I have to dump up my database into a text file(using copy) at 2 am on every
> day. And from that I have to get the database details. & please don't
> suggest me to go for CRON as it has caused so many problems in my server.

I'll suggest cron anyway because that's the usual way to schedule
commands to run at regular times on Unix-like platforms.  If you're
having problems with cron then you should investigate and fix those
problems.

The pgAdmin folks have been working on a scheduler called pgAgent.
Use a search engine to find more information about it.

--
Michael Fuhr