Re: How to connect ORACLE database from Postgres functionusing plpgsql/pltclu? - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dinesh Pandey
Subject Re: How to connect ORACLE database from Postgres functionusing plpgsql/pltclu?
Date
List pgsql-sql

Thanks Sean, It great help from you.

Thanks
Dinesh Pandey

From: Sean Davis [mailto:sdavis2@mail.nih.gov]
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 4:47 PM
To: dpandey@secf.com
Cc: PostgreSQL
Subject: Re: [SQL] How to connect ORACLE database from Postgres functionusing plpgsql/pltclu?

On 8/1/05 6:35 AM, "Dawid Kuroczko" <qnex42@gmail.com> wrote:

On 8/1/05, Dinesh Pandey <dpandey@secf.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to connect ORACLE database from Postgres function using
> plpgsql/pltclu?

With PLpgSQL I don't think its possible.  I don't know how about PLtclU (should
be possible), but I'm sure its doable from PLperlU (using DBI).  Don't expect it
to be easy to set up and fast performing though. ;)

Have a look at DBI-Link.

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dbi-link

There is a PostgreSQL tidbits column on DBI-Link here:

http://www.pervasive-postgres.com/postgresql/tidbits.asp

Sean