Re: on delete rules on a view problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: on delete rules on a view problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 20, 2005 at 16:49:26 +0200,
  "Rose, Juergen" <Juergen.Rose@sag-el.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'am a bit puzzled. I have a view and some delete rules defined on it. Now my problem is, only one gets executed (the
firstone) and the other ones seem not to be executed at all. I use a subselect within those rules (which works fine for
thefirst one by the way) and I wonder if this could be a problem? Are there any caveats? Is it important which of
thesesrules is the do instead rule?

> Are there any things to be considered with using delete rules? I don't find any exhaustive documentation on the
internet(except pg manual), so any pointers will be appreciated.

I have seen similar reports in the past. In tht case the problem was that after
rows were removed from one table, the corresponding rows from the other table
could not be found because they were selected using a join and the rows
they were supposed to match up with were gone now.