Too many processes - Mailing list pgsql-php

From Fabio Hecht
Subject Too many processes
Date
List pgsql-php
 Hi!

 Can anyone help me?

 I have a Linux/Apache/PHP/PostgreSQL server. It has about 35
 concurrent
 clients. The problem is it quickly (in a few hours) reaches 150 httpd
 and postmaster processes, making it stop responding. I tried both
 pg_connect() and pg_pconnect(), and I got similar results. The
 connection string is aways exactly the same. I don't think I should
 increase MaxClients beyond 150, because it doesn't have that many
 clients.

 Any help would be much appreciated.

 Cheers,

 Fabio