Re: another roles related question - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: another roles related question
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Joe Conway (mail@joeconway.com) wrote:
> Roles cause a problem for the information schema view table_privileges.

Right.

[...]

> Is this something we should worry about? Or do we just put a warning in
> the docs?

I've already submitted a patch which should correct this.  It also adds
a new SQL function which determines if a given user is in a specific
role.  It also implements SET ROLE, CURRENT_ROLE and SYSTEM_USER.

Hopefully it'll get applied in some form (I havn't had any response to
it yet at all but I'm guessing people are just busy atm...).
Thanks,
    Stephen