Re: installing postgres on solaris - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jonathan Daugherty
Subject Re: installing postgres on solaris
Date
List pgsql-admin
# >      I am experiencing some problems installing postgresql on solaris
# > machine. First of all , is it required that I be root at the time of
# > configuring it because the commands seem to be for root. How do I
# > configure if I am not the root.
#
#  You typically do not need to be root to install PostgreSQl as long
# as you are installing to a location that you have rights to write
# to. What is the exact error you are receiving?

He said "at the time of configuring," not installation, if that makes
any difference.

--
  Jonathan Daugherty
  Lead Programmer