Re: investigating slow queries through pg_stat_activity - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Enrico Weigelt
Subject Re: investigating slow queries through pg_stat_activity
Date
List pgsql-performance
* Dan Harris <fbsd@drivefaster.net> wrote:

Hi,

> I've got some queries generated by my application that will, for some
> reason, run forever until I kill the pid.  Yet, when I run the
> queries manually to check them out, they usually work fine.

If you can change your application, you could try to encapsulate the
queries into views - this makes logging and tracking down problems
much easier.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT service
  fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     contact@metux.de
  Realtime Forex/Stock Exchange trading powered by postgresSQL :))
                                            http://www.fxignal.net/