BUG #1744: Directory Missing - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From K.G.Sivaraman
Subject BUG #1744: Directory Missing
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      1744
Logged by:          K.G.Sivaraman
Email address:      ksivaram@ssd.usa.alcatel.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.0
Operating system:   Solaris
Details:

Postmaster is successfully running after the install.
But after sometimes, I am facing the following problem.
Can some one suggests what is the problem ?.

ERROR : FATAL: database "CTBLISTDB" does not exist.
DETAIL : The database subdirectory
"/usr/local/pgsql/data/pg_tblspc/17231/17232" is
missing.

Note : CTBLISTDB is the table space created in the
PostGRESQL, where we create table and store the data.

I am starting the Postmaster when the Solaris system
is coming up. This problem is not happening always.
But once the problem is happened I have to manually
clean the database and setup again or the backup to be
restore, which is not a correct solution.

I am not sure whether this is a bug or not. But I am
getting this problem frequently. What is the cause and
what is the solution.