Re: Postgresql7.4.5 running slow on plpgsql function - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Postgresql7.4.5 running slow on plpgsql function
Date
List pgsql-performance
[Please copy the mailing list on replies so others can contribute
to and learn from the discussion.]

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 12:29:42PM +0800, Chun Yit(Chronos) wrote:

> Yes, the function will delete records from the temporary table every time
> on each call.
> if leaving a lot of dead tuples, then how can we solve it?

If the function deletes all records from the temporary table then
you could use TRUNCATE instead of DELETE.  Otherwise you could
VACUUM the table between calls to the function (you can't run VACUUM
inside a function).

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/