Re: COPY FROM performance improvements - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: COPY FROM performance improvements
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 09:17:14PM -0700, Luke Lonergan wrote:
> Bruce,
> >
> > Those parentheses are still there:
> >
> >       for (start = s; (*s != c) && (s < (start + len)) ; s++)
> >
> > It should be:
> >
> >       for (start = s; *s != c && s < start + len; s++)
>
> Thanks - didn't understand what you'd meant before.  They're gone now.

Am I the only one annoyed by the fact that the patch is not very nice to
80-columns-wide terminals?  It doesn't need to be a rigid rule but I
think the code looks much better if it's not too wide.  This code is
wide already, but I think we should be making it better, not the other
way around.

Also, your text editor seems to be messing the indentation of comments
when there are ( or other symbols in the comment text.  (Maybe this
doesn't matter a lot because pgindent will fix it, but still -- it makes
it slightly more difficult to read.)

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"I dream about dreams about dreams", sang the nightingale