Re: thousands comma numeric formatting in psql - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: thousands comma numeric formatting in psql
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 08:42:16 +0300,
  Eugen Nedelcu <eugen@sifolt.ro> wrote:

> One solution to deal with this is to use to_char function, but for
> complex selects against multiple tables it's not a good option.

Why not? You only have to apply it to the output expressions that
need it.

Note that if you output numbers like this, you also need to be able to
read them back in. I don't think adding complexity for doing that is
worth not having to add a few to_char calls in your select queries.