Data Migration from Access to Postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From sara simoes
Subject Data Migration from Access to Postgresql
Date
problem with pg_ctl
List pgsql-novice
Hello,

I've got an Access database and I need to migrate the data from the Access database to a Postgresql database.
Up to this moment, I've done the following:

- Create a table in postgresql
create table clients
(
name text,
phone text,
age integer
);

- export the table client in "tab" delimited format from access with the
fields in the same order as in postgresql :
mary 5551212 25
peter 5551313 26
paul 5551414 30
john 5551515 27

- use "copy table from..." command

copy client from 'C:/teste.txt';

Nevertheless, the data was not inserted and I received the following error message:

Line with OID 0 inserted.
ERROR: syntax error at or near "COPY" at character 9

What might be the problem? If export the table with comma delimited and use
COPY client FROM 'C:/teste.txt' using delimiters ',';

I get the following error message:

Line with OID 0 inserted.

ERRO R: syntax error at or near "COPY" at character 9

Note: I'm working with PgAdminIII

I would appreciate your help,

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis: Internet rápida e grátis. Instale o discador agora!