Re: Trigger and Trigger function, Part 2 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Trigger and Trigger function, Part 2
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 09:37:23AM -0700, Matt Iskra wrote:

>   CREATE FUNCTION
>   oc.upd_last_touch()
>   RETURNS TRIGGER AS
>   $upd_last_touch$
>   BEGIN
>     NEW.last_touch := current_timestamp;
>     RETURN NEW;
>   END;
>   $upd_last_touch$
>   LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' VOLATILE;
>
> However, PostgreSQL is STILL giving me a syntex error on line two
> of the above function. The exact text is:
>
>   ERROR: syntax error at or near "FUNCTION" at character 16.

I created an oc schema and used psql to copy the above code into a
database with no problems.  Have you tried using psql instead of
pgAdmin III?

In the image you attached, there's a marker on the left side of the
line that contains oc.upd_last_touch(), and it looks like the cursor
is just after the dot.  Are those significant, perhaps showing where
the problem is?  I don't use pgAdmin III -- does it have trouble
with schema-qualified function names?  What happens if you omit
"oc." and make the function name simply upd_last_touch?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/