Re: User Quota Implementation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Yann Michel
Subject Re: User Quota Implementation
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 10:07:59AM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Do you think that it is possible that one can generate a TODO item out
> > of the request or do you rather think different?
>
> Yes, sure.  Ah, I found it.  TODO has now:
>
>     * Allow limits on per-db/user connections

Fine!

> That is pretty vague, but it is all we have so far.  In fact, that
> refers more to the number of connections rather than say disk space or
> CPU.  The issue we have had with these issues in the past is that we
> aren't sure how such limits would be implemented or used.

Well, I have realy a lot of experiences with oracle usage and with its
limitation capabilities. What I need the most is space-limitation per
tablespace. Since 9i there is also a possibility to restrict cpu-usage
for a certain consumer or group but in fact I din't need to to so since
most of the apps have their own database. Maybe it could be useful to
have these groups later on. As far as I understood the thread above (and
any other mails) the space limitation would not only be nice for me.

BTW: Is there any patch available, yet? This thread dealt with a "patch"
but I didn't see any!?

Regards,
Yann