Re: Possible to ignore transactions > n? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruno Wolff III
Subject Re: Possible to ignore transactions > n?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 10:25:26 -0700,
  John Barham <jbarham@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is is possible to tell PostgreSQL to ignore transactions committed
> after some point?  In particular I want to get it to "rollback" a
> faulty recovery.

PITR will let you do this. You need to have a complete backup of the
database cluster and WAL logs from the time the backup was started
through the time the bad transaction was committed. I haven't tried
to ever do this, but there is documentation for 8.0 on the procedure.
The development docs might be a bit better and are probably worth looking
at.