Re: Proposed toast info extraction function for disaster recovery - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Proposed toast info extraction function for disaster recovery
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 07, 2005 at 05:48:31PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:

> Comments?  Anyone else ever wished they had this?

Hmm.  There's another problem which shows up when the server throws an
error about an invalid allocation request.  This also happens when a
varlena field is corrupted, but you don't have the toast id because the
error message doesn't say.

I guess one way to solve it would be to add errcontext() calls within
toast realms.

Now that I think about it, maybe my problem is not related to TOAST at
all, but to a corrupted varlena field.  So if the corruption does not
involve toasting, I'm in the same position as before, i.e. I haven't
found out what is the corrupted tuple.

--
Alvaro Herrera (<alvherre[a]surnet.cl>)
"Saca el libro que tu religión considere como el indicado para encontrar la