Re: Logging query plan for queries - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Himanshu Baweja
Subject Re: Logging query plan for queries
Date
List pgsql-general
--- Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote:
> > is it possible to log plans for only the queries
> whose
> > duration was more than a particular value or
> something
> > like that... (e.g. log_min_duration_statement)....
>
> Sure, see log_min_duration_statement.

i think bruce u got my question wrong...
log_min_duration_statement will log only the queries
which are longer than a particular value... and if i
turn debug_print_plan.... it will log plans for all
the queries irrespective of the value of
log_min_duration_statement...
that is wht my testing says....

plz point out if i am wrong...
and also... is there any way of logging plans for only
a part of queries which satisfy a particular duration
criteria...

thx
Himanshu